Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The last of the Autumn sun




The days are cooler, and the dark nights have set in.



I thought I would take this opportunity today (as the first day of Winter), to step out into the wilderness, and snap a few of the gorgeous leaves, before we all hibernate in our caves.

Although initially I was rather dissappointed as the leaves I intended to photograph were already sucked up by the evil street cleaners (FROWN).
I have, however claimed to snap the last of these leaves, and I hope you enjoy the photographs as much as I enjoyed snapping them all!






All this talk of a new season, made me ponder the idea of what I look forward to most about Winter.
1. I must say the atmosphere and the heat of open fires. Toasting marshmallows, and hearing the wood burst and burn away.
2. Hot soups
3. Being tucked in a warm bed, when you can hear the rain on the roof
4. Fog in the morning
5. Hot water bottles
6. Exploring new tea flavours
7. Walking the dog with copious layers of clothing
8. Early nights to bed
9. Snow, building snowmen with two carrot noses.
10. Flanny PJ's (check out the latest peter alexander winter sleep wear range)
What do you enjoy about Winter?
Take care, Until tommorow
Just Moi
X/X







1 comment: