Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Collectivities



It has been over a year, and i've been working on my wall. Not my facebook wall (well that as well), but a plain, whitle old wall in my house. It has now become a wall dedicated to little things I collect and am inspired to. It has become a bit of a timeline for me. I have bits of newspaper clippings, postcards, leaves (from last autumn), advertisments, lolly wrappers, matchsticks, cut out hearts (Taylor swift concert), drink coasters and a fair bit more.



I am one of those people, who collect such odd, but wonderful bits and pieces.
(I must say I have a collection of film tickets from 4 years back -see above).

Does anybody else collect strange things? Or have a journal where they stick things in?

I have a friend, who buys a journal every year, she carries it everywhere with her. It is her emotional and creative outlet. She pastes all sorts of events that she attends, to bits of sand or rock that she found interesting.

I'm am glad that i'm not the only one to find such joy in these pieces.
Love to all facets of life.

Just Moi
X/X











2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is EXACTLY what I do!!! I collect all kinds of tickets and memories - movie, theatre, train, concert - name tags, wristbands, invites, business cards, post cards, notes, cards - anything and everything, really! They're fun to look back on, aren't they? I like to stick them in a journal, although I find I move between periods of regular journal writing and not writing at all, so there are big gaps ;)

    Hey - you live in Geelong! I spent a few years going to school there :) which explains all the train tickets, ha ha!

    So I notice you saw Juno and My Sister's Keeper. I LOVED the former, but refused to see the latter because it was one of my favourite books.

    And OMG - you went to Taylor Swift too!! So did I!!!! :) wasn't it AMAZING??? :D

    nice to meet you!

    x
    JAG

    PS: thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JAG!
    so good to hear from you!
    Yes, i do have such strange collections, and many people often say.... why do you want to keep that??

    Yes, Geelong is becoming most beautiful, although there still are some harsh areas.

    I must say Juno and My Sisters keeper are one of my favourite movies!
    I was actually working in an oncology unit not so long ago, and it reminded me of that film.
    Taylor Swift is so amazing and beautiful!!

    Nice to meet you too!

    Just Moi
    X/X

    ReplyDelete